I love Christmas I love it to the Max I love the lights and the red ribbons I love the good will messages I love how we act nicely towards each other I love the zeal and the enthusiasm of the preacher The old story of Jesus birth is retold in new depths I love to see Jesus at the center of it all Thank God for Christmas… He is given His place, in all areas of life From the board room to the media house of America He tops viewer ratings in all media house Kids are going to see Prince Jesus again in a manger I almost forgot the rush to the mall for sales The rush to the post of office, for people we have ignored for centuries What about the gifts and cards in the mail box
Christmas is almost here. Many church planning committees are within schedule, planning to bring Jesus out of obscurity into the open. Detailed plans and effort are given for the grandeur display, of the Son of God. Many believers are in great anticipation for Jesus centered sermons, songs, concerts and shows, to ignite their emotions. Excitement is in the air, and we all can’t wait for the pomp and pageantry of the celebration of a life time.
CHRISTIANITY IS CHRIST…it is very simple, yet many of the followers of Christ miss it. The new created beings have received the very nature of God, to display His life in the open, everyday of their life. We cannot do anything worthwhile in this life, without his life flowing through us. What religion has done is, making Jesus a cult figure, which is brought in the open on certain occasions, to receive homage from its many followers and return back into hiding.
THE SILENCE AFTER NEW YEAR’S EVE. Like an old country musician, who has faded into obscurity; he hangs his old guitar at his old ranch, with no recognition and fame, but a flood tide of questions swept over his soul. He ask with tears flowing through his cheeks; Where is the love? Where is the applause? Where are all the ten thousand of fans who chanted my name in big arenas, and help him me soar like superman? I have asked myself these same questions on several occasions in regards to Christ and the church. On top of my list is “what went wrong with Jesus, after Christmas? The light of the world, in complete obscurity is unbelievable.
Why do we love the festivities of Christianity with passion, and neglect the persuasions of God in our hearts, for intimate relationships? I have come to believe that if Christianity is redefine as Christ… ( centered on Christ); we will do greater works, and experience greater peace in our personal lives. I also believe that God has been misrepresented to the Church; He is like Santa to most of us.Why do you say that, McDaniels?
Most believers (At Christmas) become Christ centered…with their unveiled faces beholding as in a mirror, the glory of how God gave Jesus to humanity, begins to reflect the same glory in their lives, through the power of the spirit. Paul talks about it this way; “And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18(NIV)
Can you imagine how our lives will be transformed, if the altogether lovely Jesus, sits on the throne of our hearts, in all we do. (Everyday will be Christmas of sort)
SIX GUARANTEED TURN-AROUND, and many more:1. Joy which is a reflection of the Character of Christ, would emanate out of our lives effortlessly, as we stay in His presence daily
- You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. (Psalm 16:11 NIV)
- I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. (Psalm 16:8 (NIV)
- I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.” (Psalm 16:2 (NIV)
- When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, 18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them (Luke 2:17-18(NIV)
- So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard? (Galatians 3:5 NIV)
- They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. (Acts2:42-44 NIV)
A PRAYER TO PRAY…Father God, as we reflect on who Jesus is today, may we all through the help of the Spirit, be drawn to the awesome presence of Christ, in our hearts, as we receive supernatural empowerment for greater works and greater peace, only you can give. Amen!
– McDaniels Gyamfi